Assistant Store Manager (Part Time)
The Nashville Black Market is looking for a professional and responsible Assistant Store
Manager to help organize and oversee our retail store’s daily operations. Your role will play an
important part in ensuring the completion of administrative tasks, meeting of sales goals,
overall efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
Assistant Manager responsibilities include training sales associates, monitoring inventory, and
helping the administrative operations for The Nashville Black Market.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication & leadership ability, retail manager
skills, along with a sharp business mindset. You should also be skilled at organizing and
solving problems. Interpersonal and mediation skills will also be very useful, since you’ll often
be acting as a liaison between owners, employees, and customers.
Ultimately, the duties of the Assistant Manager are to make sure our stores operate effectively,
and that we keep our customers happy.
• Assist Retail Store Owners in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
• Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
• Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
• Monitor and maintain store inventory
• Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
• Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
• Coach and support new and existing Sales Associates
• Monitor retail operating costs, budgets and resources
• Research competitive businesses and analyze consumer behavior to ensure our store meets
and exceeds client expectations.
• Suggest sales training programs and techniques
• Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs
• Analyze consumer behavior and adjust product positioning
• Research emerging products and use information to update the store’s merchandise
• Create business strategies to attract new customers, expand store traffic, and enhance
• Prepare detailed reports on buying trends, customer requirements, and profits.
• Conduct regular audits to ensure the store is functional and presentable
• Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
• Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
• Ensure the store environment complies with health and safety regulations.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and aesthetically pleasing store.
• Resolve customer complaints and concerns in a timely manner.
• Ensure that store policies and procedures are followed.
Requirements and Skills
• High School diploma or equivalent education
• Proven experience as a Retail Assistant Manager or similar position
• Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes
• Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
• Customer service-oriented with in-depth knowledge of basic business management
• Basic math skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar programs
• Leadership, customer management, and organizational abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem-solving perspective
• Availability to work flexible shifts
• Hands-on experience with POS transactions
• Familiarity with inventory procedures
• A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
• Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
Pay rate: $18 per hour
Hours per week: Up to 30 hours
Pay frequency: Bi-weekly
Work needed: Daytime and Evenings, Weekends
Paid Training: Yes
Store Open Hours: Monday - Saturday 10:00 am-6:00p.m. & Sunday 12:00pm-4:00pm